Estimated cost £12.00
150g Pork Belly diced (no rind).
150g Smoked Bacon diced (streaky or back).
8 Chicken Thighs (skin on,boneless).
2X 400g Tins of Cannellini Beans .
1X 400g Tin of Tomatoes
1X Large Carrot thickly sliced.
1X Medium Onion diced.
Salt and Black Pepper.
Roughly ripped Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley
1 large Roasting Tin
First part of the process is done on rings or burners on top of oven or hob
- Heat a little olive oil in the roasting tin until it is just smoking.
- Carefully place chicken,pork belly,bacon and sausages into the tin.
- Add the chopped onion
- Allow 10 minutes for the outside of the meat to brown turning it occasionally.
- Once meat is browned add beans, tomatoes ,carrots.
- Season with a little salt and black pepper.
- Top up the tray with some of the water or stock(more can be added during cooking)
- Pre heat oven 120c/100c fan,gas mark 2
- Put tin foil over the tray and place in the oven.
- Allow to cook for 2 1/2 to 3 hours,topping up with the remainder of water or stock.(add more if required)
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with parsley and squeeze of lemon.