Rustica Sausage and Vegetable Soup. Serves 6 Estimated cost £8.00
500g Napolitano Sausages.
125g Long Green Beans Beans.
250g Fresh Spinach Leaves
20ml Olive Oil.
Freshly Grated Pecorino Cheese.
Cracked Black Pepper.
1 large saucepan with lid
- Dice potato into small cubes
- Top and tail leeks. Dice into thin circles
- Top and tail beans
- Heat the oil in the skillet and add the sausages. Brown on a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile pour the stock into the saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add potatoes,leeks and beans to the stock and bring back to the boil
- Add the sausages to the saucepan
- Simmer for 20 TO 30 minutes until potato is soft.
- Remove from heat and add ripped spinach leaves,replace lid and allow heat from the soup to cook the spinach.
- After 5 minutes serve soup in bowls seasoned with black pepper to taste and garnish with grated pecorino cheese.